BioShock Infinite - The Lutece Twins Cosplay
Photographer: Aku Photography
AHHHHH!!!!! I love it!!
Nicholas Tolmachov, Sadist
Andrew Wakefield, the doctor who claimed there was a link between autism and vaccines, changed the data of his research and falsified his documents to prove his theory. He was banned from practicing medicine and labeled an “elaborate fraud” in 2010. Source
ALWAYS FUCKING REBLOG
always amazes me that a lot of folks don’t know this and still site his “work” as truth.
Some more tidbits from Wakefield’s Wikipedia page:
- Andrew previously tried to argue a link between the measles vaccine and Crohn’s disease, a type of inflammatory bowel disease. I guess it wasn’t alarmist enough for his tastes and his claims never caught on.
- Andrew was being personally paid by lawyers litigating against MMR vaccine manufacturers as he conducted his studies attempting to link these vaccines to autism.
- Ten of his twelve co-authors published a retraction of their findings.
- He was found to have applied for a patent on his own brand of measles vaccine before his research linking existing measles vaccines to autism. His own research found no such link as he developed this vaccine.
- His treatment of child patients was nothing short of abusive. As many as three people were sometimes needed to hold a child down as Andrew carried out his procedures, which included colon biopsies and lumbar punctures (“spinal taps”). His nurses left in disgust of such treatment. One patient was left with life-threatening complications.
- He paid children for samples of their blood at his son’s birthday party.
The whole wiki article is worth reading.
Teaching my cat to smile
This feels like Lackadaisy
I’m gonna depress the hell out of all of you. ready? ok go
so, that “stop devaluing feminized work post”
nice idea and all
but the thing…
Casual day in England
what the fuck
literally assassin’s creed black flag
Guh, flawless. Non-Westernised interpretations of the steampunk genre FTW.
I’ve been REALLY wanting to see an Indian take on Steampunk so I am so pleased you have no idea
das purdy kewl